Sunday 27 October 2013

Post 1: Introduction

Breaking your humerus bone is not a funny experience...



To be honest I didn't even know what the humerus bone was before I broke it. It sounded funny. And has many lighthearted connotations when you say it. But breaking it is different.

For anyone wondering, which bone this story refers to, it is the long one that connects your elbow to your shoulder.



As someone who didn't know much about this bone before my accident, I now have an affinity to it. A new found respect and relationship is being formed. And I currently hope a new bone unity is being formed too.

Breaking the humerus bone is apparently quite hard to do for most of us as it is the third largest bone in the human body. However, it appears it is a relatively common injury to people who arm wrestle. I am now part of that group. I am one of those who wish they had known all this before.

The purpose of this blog is to hopefully create a bit more awareness about this kind of injury. To help as a base for those who are going through the same situation. And to serve as a platform for myself to upload my experience and provide a place to learn and look back on once fully recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment